Alien Markings outside Penn Jillette’s House

The UFO and magic communities are both abuzz with the news that huge bizarre markings, directed toward visiting aliens, have been discovered in the desert just outside Penn Jillette’s Las Vegas property, dubbed “The Slammer”.

Researchers noticed the markings on a recently released data set of aerial photography in Google Earth.

Representatives for Penn have not yet offered any hints to the purpose of the markings, or just what Penn may be trying to communicate. Speculation has also left the curious empty handed.

Many other places in the world also boast such markings, designed to be visible from great altitudes. Popular examples include the Nazca Lines in Peru, the Blythe Intaglios in California, and the alien landing spot outside Scientology’s Trementina Base in New Mexico. It’s possible that Penn may be inviting the aliens to land at his home, or perhaps that he may even wish to join them.

Click this link to view Penn Jillette’s mysterious markings in Google Maps.

About Brian Dunning

Science writer Brian Dunning is the host and producer of Skeptoid.
This entry was posted in Paranormal and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Alien Markings outside Penn Jillette’s House

1. Jim says:

What do you want to bet that Penn made those markings himself to mess with alien fanatics?

2. Stephan says:

I can’t believe there are people out there that have so much free time that they pour over aerial maps looking for “signs”.

3. Garret Flynn says:

Maybe its pointing out that penn’s house looks like an alien seahorse holding a little flag

4. Tony says:

It looks like lady bits to me. All evidence points to Penn.

5. Jon says:

To me it looks exactly I looks like someone spilled a large amount of water and it flowed downhill down two channels towards the East for a short distance…

6. Jon G says:

Anyone can see this is a drawing on a spacecraft from the side. This proves that Penn is in collusion with aliens. His anti ufo shows are now proven to be counter intelligence against those smart enough to know the truth.

7. Peter G Brooksbank Tech IOSH, AIIRSM says:

Been English I thought I didn’t know who Penn was. Then I googled his name and saw the link with Teller and I realised who he is. Can’t see anything remotely alien in this photo though. Just lots of tyre marks. If you stand on one leg at 06.00 on the 7th December and hold your breath for 30 seconds thinking of Stonehenge the marks look almost like a sumerian symbol Signifying a place of magic.

8. LovleAnjel says:

If you zoom in, you can see tire tracks that lead up & into the marks. It looks like someone spilled a liquid there.

9. Deborah P says:

I knew it! Penn Jillette is an alien!

10. Adam C says:

Penn is such an asshole (in a good way). That is a great way to mess with the ufo nuts.

11. micah says:

I don’t see a sign. I see something light colored resting on the surface. It looks like a fabric or sheet of material like plastic or a tarp which has blown away. I don’t see why its attributed to Penn when this object is just as close or closer to an adjacent home. A pool cover perhaps? They both have pools and so do the other homes.

It looks rumpled and random. It doesn’t resemble anything to me.

12. Walter Burton says:

This is Bullshit©.

13. Jesse says:

Forget the insignificant random markings….I WANT PENN’s PROPERTY! MAGIC LAND!!

14. Brandon says:

If I had to guess, I would say it is where a cement trucks cleaned out its tank (perhaps even more than one truck or more than one time) and troughs. I work as an architect and I see things exactly like that on construction sites all the time. Looks just like watered down concrete was dumped at the west end and ran down to a couple low spots. Not exciting, but fact is better than fiction.

15. Brandon says:

In fact, a quick google tour of the neighbourhood can find dozens of these white spots. This one just sticks out cause it ran down a bit instead of just sitting in a puddle in one spot. Is this what constitutes proof of aliens these days? The alien chasers have gotten lazy in recent times. The old guys spent hours on models and lining up fuzzy pictures, now they just find a white spot on google earth and claim proof.

16. Wyld Weezle says:

I just walked over there and had a look. It is exactly what I thought it was, a pile of cement dumped out of someone’s truck illegally.

• Excuse me, but the Illuminati have paid me to suppress your comment. [SUPPRESS]

• micah says:

So it was something on the surface, it was completely random and ‘rumpled’. I suspected some kind of dump with the tire tracks near by but couldn’t make that kind of determination via a Google maps shot. 🙂 Nice catch, Wyld Weezle.

17. Emily Jillette (Penn's wife) says:

Okay, I just went and looked and it is just cement. I was looking forward to making world news. Damn. I’ll keep looking. Wait a minute, do you think Penn is sending signals and NOT telling me???

18. Darryl Shaw says:

Cydonia region? isn’t that Teller’s face once the shadows align properly?

19. Darryl Shaw says:

Someone Check Penn’s basement for an Emily pod…

20. Charles Dayton says:

It’s a Triffid farm.

21. Henk says:

You Fooled us!!!

You are allowed to visit Sydney Mr Penn!

You are safe, folk with “IOSH, AIIRSM ” are considered twits without real qualifications here..Like magicians, only with no observable talent!

ps, that little guy who doesnt talk??? can we have him for Prime minister?

22. jen says:

This is one of the funniest things Ive read on the interwebs all year. Thank you Mrs. Jillette for clearing this all up and debunking lunacy. I personally thought your son may have been making donuts with a quad bike in the backyard.

23. John Blackhall says:

I believe that people who weigh into these sorts hogwash stories are described by psycho-anaylitical science…I’m not sure of the medical term, but I believe the word ‘wacko’ is in there somewhere…