Skeptoid is putting together a Secret Project. A very special piece of hardware is needed, one that I hope some friend or colleague can help with. It is a remote weather station, capable of operating unattended in extreme environments, and daily transmitting its data via some kind of satellite link. It needs:
- An anemometer (wind need only be sampled at a few intervals during the day).
- A thermometer (temperature should be sampled about once per hour, round the clock).
- A webcam (a few pictures a day would suffice, at predefined times).
- Operate unattended for 30 days.
- Transmit all data somehow at least once per day. There is no cell connection or wired connection of any kind available.
- Location (my secret for now) will be remote and difficult to access. It should not need to remain on station more than a month or so. There will be cold, wind, and rain.
The budget is limited, so I’m hoping to be able to borrow something. I can buy or rent to some degree. I don’t have the time or the skilz to build, but would gratefully accept help if someone else does.
Time frame? Pretty short. Need by February 14, 2013.
Any suggestions, anyone?