James Randi Educational Foundation's
One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge
The Skeptoid podcast is a qualifying media outlet for the James Randi Educational Foundation's One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge. If you plan to apply to win it, you'll first need a media presence — and you can get that here through Skeptoid. Impress me with your ability, I'll do a podcast about you, and the media prerequisite of the challenge will be satisfied.
Read the press release about this announcement.
Working with me is not the Challenge itself, and Skeptoid has no affiliation with JREF, other than its status as a qualifying media outlet for the Challenge. Since this qualification is not a formal test, there is no application or contracts or anything like that needed.
I just have a few basic rules, and please don't bother to contact me if you don't agree to these.
- Any travel or expenses are your responsibility. I'll work with you to arrange a time and place to meet that's convenient to my location and schedule.
- To convince me, it has to be an actual physical demonstration that can be measured; results that cannot be evidenced can't really qualify.
- I'm not going to sign any non-disclosures or waivers or anything like that. If you're going to put yourself out there, be prepared to put yourself out there.
- Please read and understand the rules of the JREF Challenge to make sure this is indeed a path you want to go down.
- No matter what happens, be assured that I will not use your name in a podcast without your permission. I'm a good guy, I'm not out to embarrass anyone.
That's all there is to it. Email me if you want to proceed (brian[at]skeptoid.com), and tell me about your ability.
© 2015 Skeptoid.com