- 11 Skeptical Reasons to Read Playboy
- Have You Seen This Peruvian “Flying Humanoid” Video?
- Joint Pain: Scams, Lies, And Exaggerations, Part 1
- Strange Facts that Aren’t Strange and Aren’t Facts
- Can We Really Achieve a “Tobacco-Free World”?
- Some More News from the Friar Lane
- Is Alex Jones Actually Bill Hicks?
- About That Disneyland Ghost Video
- Can You Predict A Hit Song?
- Does Water Fluoridation Cause Diabetes, Obesity, Or Depression?
- Alternative Medicine (103)
- Conspiracy Theories (109)
- Consumer Ripoffs (15)
- Cool Stuff (116)
- Education (109)
- Energy (29)
- Events (50)
- Health (256)
- History (35)
- Nature (120)
- New Age (38)
- Paranormal (47)
- Pseudoscience (171)
- Science (283)
- Skeptoid Podcast (42)
- Space (58)
- Technology (66)
- TV & Media (128)
- Uncategorized (123)
- Urban Legends (83)
Tag Archives: Moon
A blog post came across my social network feed this week titled “15 Crazy Full Moon Facts.” Oxford Dictionary defines fact as, “a thing that is indisputably the case.” So I am not sure what the author of these “facts” … Continue reading
Note: This is a repost from 2011 from my personal blog. Because of another ” Supermoon” this weekend, I thought it made sense to repost it here. I made minor edits, including updating Phil Plait’s links. Phil Plait also wrote … Continue reading
Above image: These images show the trailing hemisphere of Jupiter’s moon Europa taken by the Galileo spacecraft at a distance of about 677,000 km. The left image shows Europa in approximately true color and the right image shows Europa in … Continue reading
These two global images of Iapetus show the extreme brightness dichotomy on the surface of this peculiar Saturnian moon. Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute
We have record of people noticing that the Moon looks larger at the horizon than directly overhead dating as far back as 4 BC, but I have a feeling that people have noticed it for as long as people have … Continue reading