- UFO Spotted Over Lady Liberty
- James Oberg: Astronaut UFO Incidents
- Should We All Be Drinking Pickle Juice?
- On the Relativity of Being Remembered as a US President
- Have You Heard of the Free Energy Generator?
- Stop Wikipedia Shaming
- Cryotherapy: What Works and What Doesn’t
- Tell GMO Producers To Stop Being So Organic!
- Hormone-Free Turkeys? Of Course!
- IMO: What would it take to change your mind?
- Alternative Medicine (93)
- Conspiracy Theories (103)
- Consumer Ripoffs (9)
- Cool Stuff (113)
- Education (106)
- Energy (29)
- Events (49)
- Health (242)
- History (31)
- Nature (118)
- New Age (37)
- Paranormal (45)
- Pseudoscience (163)
- Science (271)
- Skeptoid Podcast (37)
- Space (57)
- Technology (65)
- TV & Media (124)
- Uncategorized (118)
- Urban Legends (80)
Tag Archives: Moon
A blog post came across my social network feed this week titled “15 Crazy Full Moon Facts.” Oxford Dictionary defines fact as, “a thing that is indisputably the case.” So I am not sure what the author of these “facts” … Continue reading
Note: This is a repost from 2011 from my personal blog. Because of another ” Supermoon” this weekend, I thought it made sense to repost it here. I made minor edits, including updating Phil Plait’s links. Phil Plait also wrote … Continue reading
Above image: These images show the trailing hemisphere of Jupiter’s moon Europa taken by the Galileo spacecraft at a distance of about 677,000 km. The left image shows Europa in approximately true color and the right image shows Europa in … Continue reading
These two global images of Iapetus show the extreme brightness dichotomy on the surface of this peculiar Saturnian moon. Credit: NASA/JPL/Space Science Institute
We have record of people noticing that the Moon looks larger at the horizon than directly overhead dating as far back as 4 BC, but I have a feeling that people have noticed it for as long as people have … Continue reading