- 11 Skeptical Reasons to Read Playboy
- Have You Seen This Peruvian “Flying Humanoid” Video?
- Joint Pain: Scams, Lies, And Exaggerations, Part 1
- Strange Facts that Aren’t Strange and Aren’t Facts
- Can We Really Achieve a “Tobacco-Free World”?
- Some More News from the Friar Lane
- Is Alex Jones Actually Bill Hicks?
- About That Disneyland Ghost Video
- Can You Predict A Hit Song?
- Does Water Fluoridation Cause Diabetes, Obesity, Or Depression?
- Alternative Medicine (103)
- Conspiracy Theories (109)
- Consumer Ripoffs (15)
- Cool Stuff (116)
- Education (109)
- Energy (29)
- Events (50)
- Health (256)
- History (35)
- Nature (120)
- New Age (38)
- Paranormal (47)
- Pseudoscience (171)
- Science (283)
- Skeptoid Podcast (42)
- Space (58)
- Technology (66)
- TV & Media (128)
- Uncategorized (123)
- Urban Legends (83)
Tag Archives: climate change
[Writer’s note: Both me and my math checker missed a decimal error – my fear when I wrote this! Thanks to a comment I had to check my calculation again. I will fix the error of inland inundation below.] Because … Continue reading
If there was any need to state it, yes the climate is getting warmer. One counter argument was that observational data showed that since 1998 the acceleration was getting slower or, according to some interpretations, did even stop. I will … Continue reading
Let’s face it: climate change is real. If you disagree, then perhaps you are reading the wrong “skeptical” website. In any case, the science behind it is rock solid. I wrote here previously about how sometimes these scientific results show … Continue reading
I want to start by explaining a concept from physics known as latent heat, specifically the latent heat of fusion. Latent heat is the energy involved when materials change their phase, meaning they go from one form of a solid, … Continue reading