- James Oberg: Astronaut UFO Incidents
- Should We All Be Drinking Pickle Juice?
- On the Relativity of Being Remembered as a US President
- Have You Heard of the Free Energy Generator?
- Stop Wikipedia Shaming
- Cryotherapy: What Works and What Doesn’t
- Tell GMO Producers To Stop Being So Organic!
- Hormone-Free Turkeys? Of Course!
- IMO: What would it take to change your mind?
- The Top Conspiracy Theories of 2014
- Alternative Medicine (93)
- Conspiracy Theories (103)
- Consumer Ripoffs (9)
- Cool Stuff (113)
- Education (106)
- Energy (29)
- Events (49)
- Health (242)
- History (31)
- Nature (118)
- New Age (37)
- Paranormal (44)
- Pseudoscience (163)
- Science (271)
- Skeptoid Podcast (37)
- Space (57)
- Technology (65)
- TV & Media (123)
- Uncategorized (118)
- Urban Legends (80)
Tag Archives: basic science
On January 30th, as the South and East of the US were shaking off the effects of a monster cold wave (the second major storm that month, in fact) videos starting popping up on YouTube purporting that the snow that … Continue reading
I want to start by explaining a concept from physics known as latent heat, specifically the latent heat of fusion. Latent heat is the energy involved when materials change their phase, meaning they go from one form of a solid, … Continue reading