- Oil Pulling Revisited: Where The Danger Lies
- NaturalNonsense:Misleading statements on whooping cough
- IMO: Ghosts
- Why Are Bankers Killing Themselves in Droves?
- Hurling old spears
- Should Pregnant Mothers Avoid Tylenol?
- How to Be a Google Scholar
- The Big UFO Project
- The NESARA Scam: White Knights, Dark Forces and Endless Prosperity
- Wow! Those Volatile Organic Compounds Smell Great!
- Dr. Mary Berk-Mooney, DDS on Oil Pulling Revisited: Where The Danger Lies
- Brian Dunning on Wow! Those Volatile Organic Compounds Smell Great!
- Jeff Burden on The Ugly Truth About the Iraqi Dinar
- Debbie on I Got The Flu Shot And Now I Got The Flu!
- Eric Hall on Oil Pulling: Miracle Treatment or Woo Mouthwash?
- Alternative Medicine (71)
- Conspiracy Theories (81)
- Cool Stuff (94)
- Education (90)
- Energy (24)
- Events (43)
- Health (200)
- History (15)
- Nature (101)
- New Age (34)
- Paranormal (34)
- Pseudoscience (133)
- Science (218)
- Skeptoid Podcast (34)
- Space (51)
- Technology (58)
- TV & Media (94)
- Uncategorized (105)
- Urban Legends (68)
Author Archives: Mike Weaver
I have confession: I love ghosts. Well, it’s more correct to say that I am in love with the concept of ghosts. Spooky stories, spine-tingling tales, creepy cautionary tales, haunted houses, I enjoy the whole shebang. I have yet to … Continue reading
Do you like UFOs? Do you like UFO sightings? Do you, like me, enjoy trying to find out what is really being seen (aside from alien space craft)? Mark your calendars, my friends, for April 5th of this year. Rumor … Continue reading
It is a popular pastime of many to scan through image archives looking for proof of aliens or other such items. NASA images and Google Earth and Moon are popular targets for anomaly hunting. A recent article in the Houston … Continue reading
Whether or not ball lightning exists as a physical phenomenon is a question still under considerable debate. Our own Skeptoid has dug into the phenomenon in the past. A recently published paper brings new evidence into the debate. Let’s take … Continue reading
I received some feedback regarding my recent posting regarding earthquake lights. Based upon this feedback, it seemed appropriate to do a follow-up piece regarding whether or not there is actually a proven phenomenon called earthquake lights. This seems to be … Continue reading
It is not uncommon for folks in the skeptical/science community to examine claims of UFOs or aliens based upon sightings of lights in the sky. More often than not, these lights can be explained by normal, misidentified phenomenon such as … Continue reading
So, UFOs. The rise of near ubiquitous video cameras has coincided with a reduction in UFO reports, surprisingly. That said, a recent video sighting claiming to show a UFO firing a laser or a beam at a car caught … Continue reading
My news feeds lit up today with the most intriguing of headlines: Hikers capture ‘Bigfoot’ in Canada. Really? The Sun chimes in: Is this mystery figure Bigfoot?. Fascinating. The footage is available on YouTube. Let’s take a look and see … Continue reading
In this installment of In My Opinion(IMO), I’d like to celebrate our old friend, the much maligned anecdote. I am fond of the anecdote, a worthy companion, and a guide in the darkness. There’s a reason, I think, that we … Continue reading