Birth Certificate Bonds: What’s the Motivation?

Originally, I hadn’t planned to write a second part to this “birth certificate bond” thing. I figured it was a “one and done” deal, and I’d move on to trying to decide what to write for the next week. But then, a reader named Menzo made this comment about my article:

Rich,
You truly are a financial geek. TMI to the extreme. What I wanted to know almost immediately, but never got answer to, is what is the motivation for a person to post a website about “birth certificate bonds”? Is this a scam or some kind of a silly joke or a conspiracy theory?

I’ll cop to the charge of being a “financial geek.” But, in retrospect, I have to confess I’m not geek enough. It never occurred to me to ask why someone would believe what is, on the surface (as well as after a deeper dive), patently obvious nonsense. But now, thanks to Menzo, I can’t stop wondering. So fasten your seatbelts: we’re about to wade deep into the woo.

This simple chart explaining a “birth certificate bond” somehow overlooks the why of this scheme.

Cui bono?

The big question to ask about any strange-sounding belief, whether it be Bigfoot or aliens or freemen on the land, or just the fact that your neighbor goes to a different church, is “what is the benefit?” And, sadly, it’s extremely easy to conclude that the answer to the question, “cui bono?,” is “scam artists.” Here’re a few examples, with no links back to the offending web pages (any emphasis in the quotes is from the original text):

You enter into a contract with an overseas bank that identifies, recognizes, acknowledges, endorses, and accepts the worth and value of your birth certificate bond. That bank agrees to accept your contract to issue an IBOE (International Bill of Exchange) at an affordable fee ($250.00 per birth certificate PROVIDED we have at least 20,000 individuals signing up) which will supply you at least 2 million dollars every year for the next 50 years. TAX FREE.

A $250 investment that returns a tax free $2,000,000 per year for life. What a steal, right?

Learn about your birth certificate, and the almost unlimited value associated with it.

You can regain control by authenticating your birth certificate at U.S. Department of State, Washington, DC. For complete information on how to own your “title” / birth certificate.

See: “About the Mis-use of Proper Birth Names

Order Redeem Your Birth Certificate Information $75.00

Clicking the link takes you to a page that will send you instructions on how to order a $75 CD with complete instructions. Compared to the first page I quoted, that’s an outright steal!

So it’s all just fraud? How… boring.

Well, not so fast. Sure, there are con artists out there. Birth certificate bonds, like all woo, have their snake-oil salesmen who will promise you the world and everything in it in exchange for just a few dollars. But again, like all woo, it’s not just hucksters trying to make a buck. A number of the web sites I reviewed while reading this article aren’t selling anything (other than an idea), and that idea is a general world view where shadowy cabals are dedicated to suppressing the truth and only brave men (and, sometimes, women) embracing their sovereign god-granted rights can stand against them. Here’s a sampling of the language these sites use, when talking about the birth certificate bond and the process they describe for accessing it (again, emphasis as presented in the original):

Yes, it CAN set us free from government oppression & control.” This particular web site was also adorned with buttons declaring “God Bless America” and “No New World Order” and “Caution! New World Order Is Here! Resist! Fight!”

You don’t own yourself — the Federal Reserve does.” The web site this quote came from also included articles such along the lines of “Does Modern Music Make You Violent” (promoting a conspiracy claim that the “A=440 hertz was created by Joseph Goebbels”), “Why Did Big Pharma Stop Making An Effective $2 Cure For Cancer?” (which is just what it sounds like), and “Did Clovis Witness Massive Plasma Event?” (which starts with American Indian petroglyphs and ends with an entertaining idea that a coronal mass ejection caused an aurora visible in New Mexico and Australia).

“The birth certificate thus becomes a form of theft, the theft of the child’s true identity as a free child of God to a servant of the State,” another site claims. “By affixing a national seal of approval to a child, the state denies the freedom, rights, and dignity that God has ordained in the scriptures. You don’t need proof that you were born, you breathing is proof enough for these hypocrites. By requiring a license, the state is claiming complete control and ownership over your liberty, and property. Christ’s assembly does not exist on paper, but in the hearts of men, and is expressed in their outward acts. Because there is no breath of Life from God in such pieces of paper, we should not look to them for any authority for doing anything. Each of us is a sovereign and each one of us was given unalienable rights by God we do not need to have our birth registered.”

Really, most of them have a specific ideological bent. It’s a sort of right-wing conspiratorial Christian theology, one that holds that the United Nations is the embodiment of the seven-headed 10-horned dragon from the Revelation of Saint John the Divine and that the Antichrist is whichever political figure they dislike the most. And it’s a theological bent I find distressingly familiar from my own childhood.

They’re watching you… (Image from Wikipedia)

Really? You believed in this Birth Certificate Bond thing, once?

No, I didn’t. But I grew up in a fringe fundamentalist Christian sect, fringe enough that most Christian religions don’t consider them Christian. They weren’t bad people, not really—they taught the importance of family, and living a Christlike life, and being a good citizen of the country you live in. But there was a strong undercurrent to the message that was taught in every sermon and every religious education class: we are Right, and everyone else is Wrong. We have the Truth, and we must convince the world that we have the Truth. The sect wallowed in the tribal thinking that humans use by reflex—we were the Chosen, the Elect, the ones who possessed secret knowledge and wisdom and to whom God had revealed the Truth. Everyone else was to be pitied as ignorant, and loved, and converted. And, like all True Believers, trying to argue them out of their beliefs just reinforced the belief; counter-evidence was the seductive lies of the devil, and evidence that they knew the Truth and Satan was working against them to destroy God’s kingdom.

All of these birth certificate bond sites remind me of that sect. Not the message itself, although it wouldn’t surprise me to learn that people in that sect have a disproportionate number of believers in the idea, but the way the message is presented. The birth certificate bond people have the Truth. They know the New World Order is out there, and they know we are slaves. They know that we can free ourselves, and they have a mission to reveal that truth to the rest of us. And any counter-arguments are just proof to them that the New World Order is more powerful than they had originally believed—just look, they say, at how willingly the slaves embrace the lies the “Power Elite.”

None of them ever seem to stop to ask something important, though: if this works, why do the people who are selling the information to access these bonds need to sell the information? Surely the ones who know how to do this have already done it, are now worth millions or even billions, and don’t need $75 – $250 per head to reveal their secrets anymore?

But, then again, that’s the sort of question that an agent of the International Bankers would ask.

About Richard Gant

Richard Gant is a husband, a father, and a huge nerd with a deep love of science, science fiction, and fantasy. He works for a brokerage firm he won't name here in order to keep his Compliance department happy, and frequently talks to inanimate objects as if they can understand him. He also has a difficult time writing seriously about himself in the third person.
This entry was posted in Conspiracy Theories, Consumer Ripoffs and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

39 Responses to Birth Certificate Bonds: What’s the Motivation?

1. Pembroke says:

Argh, it’s spreading. The first picture is a British birth certificate not a US one.

I thought there might be a religious element to this when I read your last article as it could be likened to selling your soul to Satan. So if you equate the government with the devil, and many do, then this might be how this particular idea came about.

Of course there is one way to get money for your body and that’s to sell it to science, of course there is a slight downside to that idea.

2. Menzo says:

Rich,
    Thanks. Very helpful. The world is full of interesting people. I was converted into and raised my family in one of those narrow but loving sects. We have all survived with larger though still Christian worldviews. Thanks for you enlightening postings.

3. Francis says:

Are you very young?

4. As commented previously:
    Don’t believe that your birth certificate is held as a bond. But, I believe that your social security number is possibly used loosely as a form of bonding. Banks will not loan money unless you can prove that you have equity and or a good job. So that being the case, why would the world banking community (like “our” central bank, the Federal Reserve) loan our country money? I could see them loan money against an individual American’s value in perceived future tax to be paid.

5. Simon says:

Dear Richard Grant,

You may very well be correct in your determinations that this is all just a lot of nonsense – People having their ” intrinsic value ” subordinated to some malevolent state authority .

Please therefore would you turn your attention to the CRIS system and offer your insights.

That is the Court registration Investment System see:-

as just one example .

How does a court case attract a value which is invested in Bonds bought from the Us department of Public debt ? . Who ascribes the value ? . Why do American judges who determine cases get some sort of kickback from the cases they try ? . Who, if not the prisoners themselves provides the value that is being traded ?

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction .

MAybe this is just being misinterpreted as well

• Richard Gant says:

Bear in mind that I’m not an attorney, and that I have no significant legal experience (my last time in court was 10 years ago on a traffic ticket). But, from a review of your link and some time on Google, it appears that CRIS is a court bank/investment account. If you are fined or have other judgements against you, the money is deposited there. So are disputed assets, until ownership is determined.

I think.

If someone with expertise wants to correct me, I’ll gladly stand corrected. But it doesn’t look like useful fodder for an assumption of de facto slavery.

6. MABUS aka Moorish American Burea of United Sovriegns..google my name.. Mabus. They confused my name years ago. I am the light of that darkness that blind Gods people. I am Isreal. The son of Israel … Sammy Ray Brewster-Bey. Dallas County tried to convict me to destroy my calling but…

7. Jess says:

You know, you make some good points, but I just keep thinking that you are doing the same thing that you’re “preaching” against. To me, you’re saying… “These people who believe in this particular thing are all bent in their ideology and I’m the one who is right.”
    By claiming your right and others are wrong is creating your own dogmatic system of beliefs and a feeling of persecution is directed at those who do not see things your way.
    It’s good to be skeptical, but it’s also good to belive in something that you may not understand. There’s so much in this world that most of us don’t understand and maybe never will…but that’s no reason automatically shoot the information, ideals, or theories down. I believe some of our greatest scientists and writers were not originally understood by most people in their time. Even people whom specialized in the same chosen field of study as them.
    Caution is good, questioning is good, but an open mind is necessary to growth and new understandings.

• Jess says:

Yeah Noah, sorry there were some typos in mine too.

• Noah Dillon says:

The thing is that one is based in ideology, the other is rooted in data. I’m open to all sorts of stuff, and have changed my mind about a bunch of things, changed the way I act and what I buy, based on data. And the claim here isn’t “I’m right.” Instead, it’s that “this is what the best evidence we have indicates.” That’s a really, really different claim. People can make all kinds of mistakes. The scientific method is the best imperfect way to overcome those mistakes and biases. The results aren’t about the I who’s presenting them, but about the data themselves, about the evidence and how that evidence was gotten.

It’s good to be skeptical, which means being open to hearing about and thinking about and studying things you don’t understand. It’s not usually a good idea to believe things you don’t understand, for which there’s no evidence, and which are totally incredible and unlikely. Great scientists practice this. And their ideas are adopted or rejected by the rest of the scientific community by the same methodology. Skeptics don’t go shooting things down. They look at evidence. That’s it.

I don’t understand what this Kennedy excerpt is for. The very basis of science is transparency, which is why reports and data and explanations of methods are published by researchers in publicly available journals and newspapers. Transparency is key to science, unlike a lot of other esoteric practices that promise that you’ll get it if you believe, or reserve special knowledge for certain people, or cloak themselves in impenetrable jargon, etc.

• gaz says:

I am shot through!

• Yusef El says:

You really believe that science is transparent? Reading your post I get the sense that you are naive.

• Stan says:

I agree, in principal with what you said in this statement. However, it seems we have far too many individuals who call themselves scientist and even have a degree to show it but, do they really test what others write or do they just accept what the read because it was from a source the think credible. If you really study (don’t just write this off as crazy) what scientist say about the globe earth, then go out and try and prove it you will see that they are probably wrong. They can use many formula to show a ball, describe it size and estimate how far it is from other objects, but when you go out and look at the world (mainly on oceans or large lakes) you will find things that do not fit with their equations. Therefore, I remain skeptical!

• Noah Dillon says:

No, you can test this stuff yourself. The world is not flat. It’s really easy to figure this out, even by just flying in a plane.

I’m not sure what you’re reading that you think you’re disproving or what, but the Earth being a round globe is supported by not only basic physics, but several additional facts beyond that. And a lot of stuff we do every day would not be possible if the world was a flat plane. Beyond that, stuff like the mechanism of sunrise and sunset and seasons wouldn’t work if the Earth was flat. Some people will tell you you can show it does by using a light and a flat map, but if you actually try that experiment, you’ll find it really doesn’t work the way the real world does. If you try it with a globe, it does work.

Check these out:

8. PrivateAeye says:

Cheers, friends. As crazy as it seems this is legit true. I’m knee deep in it myself. You might want to do a little digging about the number in red on the back of your Social Security card. There’s a little tweak you can do to it if you remove the letter in front of it. It’s called a Luhn check digit. Have fun. 🙂 I wouldn’t be posting this here if it hadn’t been recently given to me to spread the word. This is a spiritual battle. You think you’re in charge of your own affairs, but you have NO idea how deep the deception goes.

p.s. Trust law is a good topic to study, also. It’s all about public versus private. If you function in the public “they” control you. If you function in the private you control you.

• Noah Dillon says:

This isn’t a spiritual battle. It’s just rational thinking. If someone was trying to deceive you, why would they tell you how to find this supposedly precious information, give you a number you can look up, and provide a tool to figure it out? That doesn’t make any sense. You misunderstand what you’re actually looking at, which you’d probably realize if you read the post or the comment thread.

• Eden says:

But why does nobody explain how it works or give an actual walk through of the processing being executed. He’s right, why sell it if you’ve done it.

• Noah Dillon says:

They don’t explain the process because there is no process and it makes no sense. It’s like asking why no one can explain how the moon is made of jogging fish computers and how you can use that secret knowledge to get rich quick from the Illuminati.

If you’re asking about an explanation for why you can put a number into a bond calculator, that has been explained repeatedly in this thread.

9. Jill Campbell says:

Hi, Rich. I found your article on Birth Certificate bonds while doing some research after finding that my partner has played this game. He is worth $100 billion, by the way. Sure would like to get some of that for a new sofa! Anyway, I’m wondering if the sect you speak of is Mormonism. I spent s good part of my life there and your description sounds so familiar. Regards, Jill

10. Eden says:

Why sell it if they are already rich? That was the most intelligent thing I’ve heard on this subject since I found out about it. Thank you for your thoughts. Well done.

11. Tiffany says:

So, you grew up Jehovah’s Witness??? Lol, me too

12. Dan Patrick says:

What about those who give out the info for free… what motivation do they have to want to “scam” anyone? It’s free public knowledge, that you just have to dig for a lil. If they aren’t benefiting from giving out the info to any who would listen and apply, then why would it even matter to them, if you believe it or not? That would make as much sense as if I walked up to you and just handed you $100, then walked away…would you call me a scammer and drop the money like it’s a bomb or something? That’s a sad and paranoid life to live!

13. Lorrnia Marlowe says:

Out of curiosity has any one actually looked up their birth certificate information.I did this and found actual transactions just over the last 6 years of 10,000. or more there was also a maturity date with an amount of around 172,000. It also showed the company holding the bond as Biotechnology, with investors like 20th century fox. I just want to know why i can see this from the government website i went to and what this means.

• JAMES CHARLES WILLIAMS says:

You can access it just be carful on filling make sure your accurate because one simple mistake can cause you to fail. Read the commerce law it is powerful and stronger than the constitution and law of the land.

14. Joel says:

There are people giving the information for free
    Do more research!

15. Dina says:

How is it possible to plug in your birth certificate number/social security number on the stock market site or fidelity site and it comes back with a dollar amount? I don’t understand how if it is NOT true…?

16. JAMES CHARLES WILLIAMS says:

First, yes your social security number is worth a lot. Yes it is connected to your birth certificate. Commerce is just that and everyone of us is a pawn the the game. What do yo think happens to the money you pay into social security? It goes into an account and gains interest. You may or may not get that money upon retirement but that money is used to foot the dept of America. Yea we are slaves to this country and used to pay off our dept. if you follow the right steps and use the commerce codes and file properly you can gain access to this account t but limited control only. Why do you think the FBI gives you 30 days to retract your claim if you use this on tax forms. Simply because they cannot lock you up for it. Do your research and don’t forget and this is where it all gets you. Do unto others as you have them to into you. I say that because you need to choose your battles. Taking on this corrupt country isn’t easy by no means.